(as always, click to enlarge photos)
I have been wanting to go spend some time here (wait for it) for a few years now since we discovered it on one of our drives. So part of the intervention therapy Rick planned for my depression after my calamity included a 5 day visit. I was so excited for weeks prior. I was ready with quilting, puzzle books, reading material to fill our days without phones and internet. There was satellite tv, but it mostly was playing Big Band music.
So here's the photo tour. We made our first stop in Davis, WV to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Sirianni's. While we were there, someone yelled, "FIRST SNOW!!!!". Sure enough, there it was.
As we ventured further on our journey we got some slush and fog.
When we arrived at our cabin, I was sooooooo ready to soak in the beautiful view I was waiting for....
HUH???????!!!!!
Where's the view?
The fog continued throughout the evening and the night. We heard coyotes in the night. So by noon the next day.......HERE IT WAS!!!
I hope that more trips are in store for us to visit here again!!
Blessings,
Becky

3 comments:
I believe most of us with WV roots are related, some how, some way.
Your trip looks wonderful and restorative...nice!
It's also nice to see you blogging again and hope you're feeling better, Becky.
What a beautiful view, and what a wonderful hubby to plan this excursion for you! So glad the radio silence is over!
That was a gorgeous view, Becky. We went to Mabry Mill yesterday for lunch with Mom and Dad. The trees on the parkway were just beautiful. We both said we need to get out more and enjoy the beauty of where we live.
Post a Comment