Friday, August 14, 2009

Back at Slugville.....

We've arrived at the Lake for our last week of vacation. The weather is very sunny and we're supposed to have nice weather until Tuesday....and then only isolated t-storms of the typical summertime variety. Everything is unpacked and I'm getting ready to make the grocery list.

I brought my electric fan quilt to work on, and also a knitting project. I started a scarf for myself at the end of winter/early spring, then put it away when it started warming up. It is still warm, very warm, but I would like to get it done before I need to use it. I have to find the pattern again. I know it's bookmarked on the computer....along with a few dozen others, so I hope I can recognize the pattern by looking at it and match it up. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

One thing I am not going to do this time is put the cushion behind my back for support. I haven't totally recovered from the last time!

Before I forget....I had a few comments on my sister-in-law's quilt in her bedroom.
It is very pretty....it is a JC Penney model made in China. Still pretty.

I'm headed for my knitting bookmarks.....talk to you all later.

Blessings,
Becky






5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Have fun searching for your pattern and take care of that back so when you get home you'll be good to go.

Lane said...

Oh, I hate hunting down a pattern. I hope you found it. I'm taking knitting on my trip next week, too. Very compact. Lane

Molly said...

Take care of that back!! Jay taught me to Copy/Paste my favorite patterns then email them to myself. I then have them in my crochet/quilt or whatever folder and I won't lose my mail. I have lost patterns before 8>) Why can't I lose weight like that??? Have a good last vacation xoxoxo

Shirley said...

How lucky are you to get to spend so much time at the cottage in the summer. I miss that about Ontario - but not the black flies or mosquitos. Molly has a great idea there! I never thought of emailing them to myself. Then you could save the emails to disk.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

What a great time you are going have. Just getting away and resting is what its all about. What are you going to knit?.
Take care and enjoy your week.
Elizabeth