Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm sooooooo boring.......

Folks, I have to be the most boring person in the world. Why in the world did I even start a blog??!! I guess I thought I was going to be some prolific quilter that was going to kick out all kinds of quilts to show. NOT!!!! I found out I am the world's biggest procrastinator, fall easy prey to distraction of any sort, and any other thing you can think of. I love quilting, I really do, but it seems I go in spurts......and short spurts they are!

It has been so long since I posted I expect you have forgotten me (which would not be a huge loss for all of you.....)but in case there is someone that hasn't given up on me I guess you deserve an update for being so loyal!! :D

I worked quite a bit on my Letha's Electric Fan quilt begun months, er, um,
years ago. I am hand piecing it so it is good for travel and we spent some days at the lake.

The band that Rick (and Corey) play in did a public gig a few weeks ago. They usually play for private parties, wedding receptions and corporate events, so this was a treat for me.


This is Rick in the center....he plays percussion.










This is Corey in the back.....the drummer.







Rick and both boys are about music. Chris plays drums and all string instruments. Rick is a drummer and percussionist, Corey also a drummer and percussion.....me? I play the radio.

On the quilting front, I am making Joe a blue and gold WVU quilt for his upcoming big boy bed. This will be his Christmas present so I have to be working along on it. It is a disappearing 4 patch to 9 patch and it is working out well so far. I'll try to get a pic up here soon.

I must report that Rick is semi-retired. He has a part-time job that provides us full benefits which is a huge relief. We are doing well. We consider all days he is home as "Saturdays". For 4 months there, every day was Saturday!!! He is happy as a clam, enjoys the job he is doing and also having the time off. Thanks for all the prayers. This has definitely been a time of spiritual growth and God was indeed faithful......as always.

I hope to do better on this thing if y'all haven't deserted me!!!

Blessings, Becky

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Goodness we would never forget you,summer does that to most of us ,just to hot to even think about quilting .Glad to hear Rick found a part time job

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm just glad we've found each other, thanks to FB and now blogging as well. Good luck on the WVU quilt. Ouch, it hurt me to type that. hehehe

Lane said...

Still here. So glad Rick is enjoying what he's doing. You are not boring. And, you don't have to wait until you finish a quilt to tell us what you're thinking about. Funny lady. Lane

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

So glad your hubby got a nice job. My hubby got one like that too, it is like semi retirement and it is so nice. I am not much of a blogger either so I know what you mean there. I am at my Mom's now so there isn't much time to do the blog and the internet is limited. Enjoy your summer. PS.....I think you are just too busy to blog.

Vesuviusmama said...

Part time job with full benefits? It doesn't get any better than that, does it?

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Thank you for your visits...please come back and show me your beautiful quilts....

Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Anne said...

Becky, I think I'm doing even worse with the blogging! have sat down today to update my own and catch up with other people's, resolving that in future I'll be more consistent. Ha! About as likely as that I'll work steadily on my quilting instead of, like you, in spurts. Guess it's just the way we're made.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh Becky, I do know what you mean. I feel like my to-do list is from here to California and my energy level is through the floor. ouch.
Bless God for His faithfulness.