Saturday, April 21, 2012

What's so good about it?

What was wrong with the way Blogger was?  I'm not impressed with my new dashboard.  I don't know when I became so addled that I couldn't figure out what I like.  Take Facebook.  I am one of the few that has not been automatically "upgraded" to the Timeline format.  I know I am living on borrowed time, but I have squalled several times on the Facebook page and would love to believe that was holding it off indefinitely....but will probably get changed while I am typing this.

Why do Facebook, Blogger, or anyone else in the social media think I can't think for myself?  Why change what already works?  Why make it arbitrary?  They change you and that's it.  Boooooo!

All I know is that I have looked at several folks' Timeline and I see nothing that I need, want or anything else from it.  The wall posts are confusing, pictures are random,  just YUCK.   Now today, I have this blank, sterile looking page for my dashboard......  Granted, the dashboard wasn't high fashion or anything, but it was familiar and made sense.  Here I was, going to try to start blogging more, and they tinker with the whole concept.   Bleh.

As for Facebook, changes they have made prior to Timeline has made me seriously cut down on my Facebook time .....which is not a bad thing....but not what I think they had in mind!  I find Facebook valuable to keep in touch with folks I know that I would not be in contact with otherwise.  But I guess I can just get everyone's e-mail address and just close my account if it gets to be too stinky.

I just wish everyone would stop making decisions for me......Vent completed.

Stomping my feet with steam coming out of my ears,
Becky

5 comments:

Sam said...

I hear you Becky! I was NOT happy when I saw the new dashboard either. Have a look on the top right corner of the dashboard screen and from memory there is a button you can press that comes up with "change to old blogger dashboard" just click on it and it will change back to the way it was. Sam xox

Becky said...

Thanks Sam! I'll try that....hope it remains permanent!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I guess you know that I haven't changed to the FB timeline either. I've also tried to cut down on posting/reading. I also stopped blogging. There was a problem with my blog not updating for people, and I just gave up. Plus I needed the time to spend with Mom and Dad. I miss it, though.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Becky, I'm with you all the way! love your blog wall paper...beautiful!

Vesuviusmama said...

The new dashboard completely threw me off guard today when I posted. It took me a while to figure it out, and I'm not sure I did figure it out. Just muddled through. And I refuse to get the Timeline on FB - I just don't see the point. I'm with you on this vent!