As a result of a Facebook discussion and a lack of consensus of the difference between a Sewing Room and a Studio, I have dubbed my space "My Roomio". Always relegated to the dining room table, basement, or part of a bedroom, I was ready to have a space for just me. I love the light and airiness of it and enjoy time just being there!! Just a little tour......
My cutting table. Tall bookshelves store fabric too. I still have some more to put in!
Ironing/Entertainment corner. Also the big orange quilt that is being quilted and the felt to make me a design wall. I plan to attach it above the closet door and rig it so it can be rolled up for closet access.
Sewing area.
This table is where my serger will live when I get it upstairs.
The whole sewing area....
Working corner....Comfy chair, Ott light, table with Ipod dock, phone, pincushion, etc. I am looking for a larger surface table. I keep a lot of
The new ironing board cover I made yesterday for my 50's ironing board. It is a tank. It used to be my Mother-in-law's and I love it!!
There is still plenty to do....but I can't wait any longer to
I am excited to near giddy!!
Blessings,
Becky

8 comments:
Love it, Love it, I can see many hours being spent in your roomio.
Well worth the wait.
Patricia
I told you this room belonged to a professional blogger. Now you've proved me true with this post. hehehe I know you will spend countless hours in here. Plus I love the name.
What a lovely workspace! Congrats on a roomio of your own. I foresee lots of creativity coming from there.
I am guilty of studio envy. It looks wonderful, comfy, cozy, peaceful...happy. Enjoy it. I'll sleep there if I ever get to visit. Lane
Becky, you should be giddy; can't wait to see what goodness comes out of your roomio!
Hi Becky,
Thank you so much for your kind and loving note about the passing of my sister. You are just so sweet.
I love your sewing/quilting room its a wonderful space and so well done.
I am still sewing on my dinning room table its the the biggest space I have to cut fabric and lay out my quilts. I am going to be starting on new quilt this weekend using Hawaiian fabric I bought while in Kauai.
Have a sweet day and big hugs for you, Elizabeth
Hi Becky,
Oh my you poor dear, I hope you are feeling better. Keep moving your wrist it will help to strengthen it. I know how much to love to sew. If I lived close to you I would have been over to help you....
Sending you a big hug, Elizabeth
Wow! What a great space! I had to move up to our office last year and lost my sewing room. It's kind of squishy in here.
Post a Comment