Monday, January 12, 2009

Waiting for the borders.....

I have completed the blocks for the black, white & red quilt and have it all joined together. I need to put the borders on......hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

You might remember that I had cut this out to hand piece while we were on our cruise in October.....cruise was cancelled when my mother died. Wouldn't you know it.....this evening Rick is sitting here beside me while I am finishing up and he is booking a replacement cruise for Feb. 6. So I'm going to have to head down to the stash tomorrow and figure out something else to do for handwork. Actually, I think I may already have a two color quilt started that will be just perfect. I need to make sure that I have enough stuff cut out....it's been so long since I started it I can't remember if I cut it all out or not! Jeepers.

I went out today to run errands. It was the first time I was out of these 4 walls since before New Year's!!! I went to the post office to mail out a big box of baby yarn to a gal that spearheads a project making baby things for an Indian Reservation. Got THAT pile moved out of the house! Then I went to the bank, took a leisurely stroll through Bed, Bath & Beyond and found a few things I "needed". I got my hair cut and then I went to the grocery store. By the time I got home I was totally exhausted.

I rested a little and I just had to finish up the rows of this top.
Here is a pic without the borders.....



Each of the blocks was 18"
Here's one of the blocks close up.



I plan on hand quilting it......but how???? Any ideas? Or just do the 1/4" thingy. I appreciate your ideas.

4 comments:

Pam Swope said...

What a beautiful quilt top! My mom was a quilter and I have one of her quilts. My grandmas was too and I was fortunate to get one of hers (only the pieced top, which I had someone quilt) It's quite a gift you have.
I see you'll get your trip to the sunshine. Praise God! My hubby is not going on this trip...just me and my sis. This is my first cruise and it was my Christmas gift from sis. She's wonderful to me!
Well much to do! Enjoy reading your blogs.
Pam

Amy said...

I love the colors!! as far as quilting I have no clue, are you going to hand quilt? I love it so no matter what you choose will look nice, if ya don't like ya can send my way... hehe. have a great day!!

Amy said...

tag please check my blog for rules. have a great day

Sandie and Jesse said...

I posted this on another page. My former Pastor and his wife have asked me to make a quilt for their daughter graduating from college. Can you tell me what the name of your black, red and white from 2009 is? This is the quilt pattern that they like.
Thank you for your help.