
Rick came home this evening with a story I almost can't believe.......but it is true and my heart hurts so much.
Rick has a buddy at a different plant from where he works that he likes very much. Ralph has worked with Rick on different projects and he is just a good reliable guy. A few years back....2 or 3......Ralph's wife passed away after a long, protracted 10 year battle with cancer. It was very sad, a daughter in high school, son in junior high....just terrible.
Later, Ralph cautiously began a relationship with Sherri and they have enjoyed each other's company greatly....riding motorcycles, going to Vegas, the beach, etc. Well, today Ralph was working in Rick's plant and he stopped in with a story too tragic to believe.
Over the holidays, Sherri began experiencing abdominal pain. She was found to have colon cancer. She is 48 years old. They did a resection, hysterectomy, etc. and all was sent to the lab. When Ralph and Sherry went for the report, the doctor reported that the cancer had "burst" and was all over her internal parts. There will be 6 months of extremely agressive chemo, and at some point in the six months they will open her up and pour hot chemo into her abominal cavity. I just can't imagine what this gal is up against, but whatever it is it doesn't sound good.
Ralph has asked for prayers, and that is where you, my friends, come in. The prayer needs are so numerous I don't know where to begin.....but you know what you would be needing in a similar situation. I am not sure that she is a believer, so we can start there and then just ask God to hold her and rock her in His precious arms. Ralph is just torn up and I can't imagine what he is going through, but he feels that God sent her to him because he would know what to do for her. Ralph will need strength and comfort, and to be able to hang on to hope in an apparently hopeless situation.
I will keep you posted when I hear more as time goes on.
God bless them both, and God bless you for including them in your prayers
Moving day
8 months ago

3 comments:
How horrible! It sounds like my sister's bro -in -law. His wife had a long battle with cancer and died. He then met a lady and they were getting along great and she was diagnosed with cancer as well. She just died in the fall. Unbelievable. So I'll be in prayer for Ralph's situation. Keep us posted.
PS....I was an oncology nurse. I think if it were me and the cancer is that bad, I'd do as little as possible chemo wise. Quality vs quantity of life. Chemo destroys quality and quantity!
I am praying for the whole family,
thanks for stopping by my blog, I am getting ready to go to the metal zoo today, it looks a little cold out there though,,, have a great day
Hi Becky, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. I'm so sorry for you friend! I will pray for them both! I lost my parents and my husbands parents all to cancer. I've never heard of that type of chemo,sounds awful!!!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Post a Comment