I have had successful (for me) sewing days this week. I have completed my 13 Friendship stars for an online swap. I am thrilled because I have actually finished waaay before the deadline - May 1st. Usually I am frantically at it the day before they need to be mailed.
I love the star swaps. This online group is worldwide and I have accumulated a good stack of stars from everywhere. We do a lot of talking....sometimes even about quilting.....and it is a good thing. The guidelines for this round of stars were to make the stars out of bold tone-on-tone fabric that reads solid with a light background. This is the fabric I chose.... I have to write my name and location on them, then ship them off to the hostess for this round and she will separate and mail one from each back to us that chose to participate this time. Works great! I will get 12 stars from others and 1 of mine = 13 stars....Voila!!
Of course.....my collection is kept in a box and occupies a slot in my UFO list. I should be nearing the amount I would need to make a quilt.
I plan to continue to sew the rest of this week. I think I will start on the hodgepodge blocks for my brother next. I'm anxious to see how this one turns out. Of course I will show you....hopefully sometime soon!
Blessings to all,
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

2 comments:
Hi, Becky and it is so nice to meet you! Oh, that's a lovely quilt square! What a fun idea the quilting meme! My Mother is a quilter, she's 85 and says she's made the last one! I was quite a few of hers. I love them.
Yes, I've entered your tiny name in my giveaway. Good luck and come back to see me anytime.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Becky,
Just stopped by to say Hi!. I can't wait to see your brothers quilt.
Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment