I am finally getting around to writing a little after much activity......NONE of which was quilty.
Rick & I took a much needed cruise. We saw some beautiful places, and I worked on getting relaxed. The first night I slept 14 hours....a day later I had a deep tissue massage (and I mean deep...I thought the guy's elbow was coming out my front when he was working on my back!)
We had a blast the entire time.
Our favorite island was St. Lucia. We had a great driver and we got to see daily life in a small fishing village, which is always a treat.
It was tough coming back to the cold and snow!!
This past week was spent decompressing from the travel and the flight home where an engine quit working while we were en route to Atlanta. Those 15 minutes were the longest of my life....and totally wiped out any progress made to relax.
I did do something a little bit quilty.....I went to the thrift stores to pick up some cotton shirts to make a mystery quilt.....like I needed another project. Since I have said I was only going to finish UFO's this year I might have to copy off the directions and make it later. I made a list of the quilts and blocks I need to work on now, so I hope to begin that tomorrow. I don't have much on my calendar this week and I don't plan to put much if anything on that calendar this week so I should make some progress.
We did enjoy the grands.....well 3 of the 4.....Aubree & Mia stayed with us Thursday, Thursday night and Friday.....Joe came Friday morning and has spent the weekend while Corey and Cole spent the weekend in Gatlinburg. Libby went to visit Aunt Debbie and Uncle John. We have had fun....but missed our Little Libby.
Moving day
8 months ago

2 comments:
so glad to see you back, better yet to know ya had a good time.
Hi Becky! OOooohhhh a cruise, you lucky duck! I've always wanted to go on a cruise, and we have been talking about it of late, so fingers crossed! lol I can well understand how the stress of the failing engine would undermine all your good efforts at relaxing. I would have looked at least 10yrs older as I exited the plane! Anyway, you're home safe and happily quilting away again, so that's good. Wishing you a truly lovely day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
Post a Comment