
I enjoyed a day out with my girlfriend, Pam. We traveled about 45 minutes south to an AC Moore store and JoAnn Fabric. We also enjoyed lunch at Ruby Tuesdays where I couldn't get enough of their raspberry tea. If you haven't tried it......it has real raspberries mushed up in it. Sooooooo good!
I found some odds and ends at AC Moore: a couple of garden flags, a couple of coloring books (for me, not the grands), and a paper punch to help me make some sewing cards to start the girlies with some stitching. About the coloring books.....they are adult coloring books....I got a couple with mandelas......I love to color!!! I asked for, and received, the 120 super-duper box of crayons for Christmas and I am having a blast. Are there any other "closet colorers" out there????!!!!!
At JoAnn's I got some black, white and pink fabric for a future quilt I had appear in my mind. Also some novelty pincushions, melamine plates for the kiddos and some needles and 1/4" seam allowance ruler. Just some odds and ends. Everything but one item was 40% off! That's my favorite kind of shopping.
It was good to get out and enjoy the company. Friends are just so much fun.
I called another dear friend in Germany. Silvia lives here, but her mother had a bicycle accident and died of complications on Easter. I just had to hear her voice to make sure she was ok. She said she was doing well, and had so many praises to God and miracles to tell me about that she would talk my ear off when she got home. I can't wait. She lives on a farm, and we sit on her huge back porch, rock and swing, look at the mountains and drink coffee. It is so calming and relaxing. We've been known to drag out blankets to wrap around ourselves to keep from freezing! But it is a very special place and we will definitely be spending some quality time out there in a couple of weeks. Let's hope it will be warmer, but if not, who cares!
Hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing evening,
Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

2 comments:
Truly special friends. Friendship like that is forever.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth
Hi, I am glad that you found me because now I have found you too. I love your site, it sure looks good.
Post a Comment