Monday, April 27, 2009

Pondering.......

Oh, life is so.......so stark at times. Maxes out one's faith. A couple of instances in my world at present:

A young, vibrant 21 year old man with his life ahead of him. Not too long ago he was diagnosed with leukemia. Our entire church rallied around him and his family in their fight. Well, all too quickly the fight is over. Prayers continue for the family in their loss and pain.

Next, an update on the gal I blogged about previously with the sudden onset of colon cancer. At the time, she was headed for chemo, then surgery where her abdominal cavity would be filled with hot chemo. Well, the surgery hit the calendar a few weeks ago. Sometime in the middle of surgery, they discovered previously unknown cancers in other areas. So, the decision was made to close and continue chemo. I am sure she is suffering a major let-down. I hardly know her, but I feel so strongly about her suffering and the challenges she faces. I have been sending her some cards and a book about faith in the midst of cancer. I think I am going to write her a letter now, have been praying how to compose it and what to include.

I guess the gist of this is to ask for prayers for these individuals. For increased strength in times of great suffering and mourning. For guidance for those who care and love them. For peace in the midst of chaos. For all of them to feel the warm, loving embrace of our heavenly Father.

Blessings, Becky

2 comments:

Amy said...

My husband had a cousin who was taken away by cancer last wk.. I could not imagine the pain for the person and their family. I will be praying for the people you have listed.there is Power in prayer!

Shirley said...

I'm sending prayers Becky. Cancer is becoming too prevalent these days. It seems to leave no one untouched. :0( Thanks so much for your words about my anxiety and panic.