Monday, May 4, 2009

Odds and ends.....

Some random thoughts and pics........(you can click on the pictures to enlarge)

We had a very busy weekend. I got up early and went to keep Libby and Joe for awhile. Cole and Corey were driving down to Knoxville to visit with friends and I was the "gap babysitter" until Liz came to relieve me. I had a blast with the two of them. Joe must have walked around the coffee table 6 times, laughing all the while. He will be on the run very soon. Libby sat on my lap for awhile, but was engrossed in Clifford and Sesame Street. Here is their Easter picture


Then I went to the doctor. Got some medicines adjusted and decided on a plan to get healthier. Better food choices and more activity including free weight training. I really am in the mood to get going with this.

Friday evening Rick and I went down to stay at Chris and Nan's so we could be there to watch the girls Saturday morning while Nancy worked til noon and Chris went to church for worship practice. In the afternoon, we had Aubree's 3rd birthday party. She had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday. Her cake was absolutely adorable. A family friend did the wonderful decorating job.

Here is a pic of the birthday girl
She doesn't look very happy.....she is emotionally overwhelmed.....there are about 20-30 people singing "Happy Birthday" to her and she is one second away from this
Poor little thing. But she made a quick recovery and the party continued.

This is long enough for now......maybe tomorrow I will write some more. My sister brought me some glassware my mother willed to me and I want to get some pictures for you.

Blessings.....and for those of us floating around in all this rain......start looking for the silver lining!!!!!
Becky




3 comments:

Hazel said...

Becky your grandchildren are adorable and that cake is fabulous she did a real good job decorating it .

Amy said...

Gorgeous grandchildren!!, I had the same thing with my daughter on her 3rd birthday, she cried while we sang to her.good luck with the living healthier.. I know what ya mean,Amy

Shirley said...

You're so blessed to have such beautiful grandchildren. Isn't it fun watching them when they're first walking... until they start running anyway. Glad you got your meds adjusted.