Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, rain go away.....

I am sooooo sick of rain! I know I keep complaining, but it is getting ridiculous. I don't mind a rainy day.....love to listen to the rain on the roof and take a nap. But we have had yucky weather for weeks with only a little bit of sun. Eeeeeek!

We did have a spot of sun around noon today so I took my lunch out on the side porch and enjoyed the brightness!!

I want to show you some items my sister brought up to me that my mom willed me.
Here is the Limoges tea set that came from my father's family a couple of generations back...but of course I forget whose it was. An aunt of his I think.
Sorry for the glare....I had already put it in the china cabinet.

This is a biscuit jar.......probably from the same place
And lastly for now a cut glass crystal dish

It has now clouded over and the rain/storms are nearby. I am going to go quilt awhile.
Blessings, Becky

6 comments:

Molly said...

Becky what beautiful treasures you have, don't you just love to rub your hands over them and try to "see" who they belonged too? Great memories in them.

Hazel said...

Becky there beautiful I especially like the biscuit jar .What wonderful treasures .

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Becky, love the old dishes, my mom has a lot of them. I know exactly what you mean about the rain and cloudy weather, I am about to go out of my mind with it. I am sooooo ready for sunshine!

Shirley said...

What beautiful keepsakes! I have a few special things my mom left me. I had hoped for more cups and saucers but my "other" sister took all of them.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
What lovely china, I love the biscuit jar.We had rain here for one day this week but it has been muggy. The weather folks say it should be a warm weekend so we'll see. What are you quilting?. Do show us.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Molly said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I hope you have a day full of your favorite things--your family. Take care, Molly