My friend and I drove up to one of our favorite quilt shops yesterday afternoon. It's about an hour away so that is really not so local....but here in West Virginia you take the shops where you can get them! This shop, Four Seasons Stitchery is under new ownership and had their fabric on sale to make room for some 200 new bolts arriving soon.
I was tickled to find some pieces that I had been looking for to begin on a couple of projects. I am so slow getting started and then so slow getting finished that I just bore myself to death!!
Anyway, I am nearly complete finding what I want to do Chery'l's machine applique quilt, still think I need a darker dark that the one here. Not enough contrast...so back to the drawing boardThe one I mean is the bottom right....what do you think? The red is for a tulip on the lavender square...the green is for leaves. I'm going to do a disappearing 9-patch... sort of.... for this. Any suggestions?
I also found the Wintergrafix fabric I wanted to make a tree skirt. I got the book too. Since my house is a "blue" one, I am changing some Christmas decorations to the blue theme. I got the table runner and coordinating fabric last year. The tree skirt in the book is made with the red colorway but I changed that, of course!!I also found a stencil for Baptist fans....I am going to do my red, black and white quilt in this. Oh yeah....I still don't have it quilted!! It's in the "to quilt" basket. I toyed getting it done on a long arm, but I think I am going do it myself by hand. I enjoy the process of quilting by hand.
Here is a pic of Libby's Fairy Ballerina quilt in process. I'm taking the easy way out....I'm quilting the swirls in the allover print block and the four squares in the other. It's just been too hot to quilt much....even inside with the air conditioning! So....saying that....it is gloomy, foggy and rainy this morning so I'm going to try to make a big dent in it. Her room is painted, new furniture and curtains in and we're waiting on......ME! UGH.
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

5 comments:
here is a link to one I did in purples. I don't tend to shop for fabrics, I like to pull from stash usually based on how much I need and what do I have. http://ozarkcastle.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-more-d-9-12-12-blocks.html cw
For the D-9patch, I did one just to try it out and I used two charm packs. It worked great, I got mine on sale so it wasn't very expensive. Made a baby size, which by the way isn't quilted yet.
Oh my, I need to go to bed. I thought you meant the quilt stencil was for Fans of Baptists *LOL* I do know what you mean, love that pattern. I agree your contrasting fabric isn't quite right. Sounds like you had a great quilt shop visit.
That's something city people don't understand...how country and mountain folk have to drive and drive and drive to get anywhere. I told someone I had to drive 20 minutes and cross 2 mountains to go to the grocery store and they 'bout died. Heck, my brother has to drive an hour to the grocery store!
Regarding Libby's quilt: It gets done when it gets done. She has been so excited over every little thing that having a few weeks for another surprise will tickle her pink. We love you MeMe! (that said, I can't wait to see it on her big girl bed!)
Post a Comment