Today we have a break from the sweltering heat--read that humidity-- and we decided to take advantage of it and spend a day on the porch. It's been a while since we have been able to do that and that has always been one of our favorite things to do since we built the house in 1993.
Armed with my quilting, a radio, a book in case I wanted to read, and a big glass of ice water, I made my nest and "commenced".Even though it is 80 degrees F. there is a gentle breeze...and we have a ceiling fan on the porch so it is very comfortable. We have the oldies playing on the radio and this is pretty much a perfect day.
While I was stitching away, I heard the oddest chain saw running. There is always something making noise around here. Chain saws are not uncommon with the neighbors getting some firewood in for winter. Also this morning lawn mowers, weed-wackers, and grass blowers were humming....which irritates me to no end....but I tend to tune them out. But this chain saw was so different it caught my attention. I stopped stitching and tried to dial in where it was coming from.
Oh. Good. Grief. Here was the location:
Everyone have a wonderful, blessed day!
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

4 comments:
Oh so funny. Man you really look comfy there. Good way to spend the day.
what a great day,ya think with his snoring ya had a whole rick of wood cut up?
Hi Becky,
You are so funny! I have one of those chain saws too!LOL.
If only we lived close I would join you on your beautiful porch and stitch with you!. I enjoyed your post very much.
Have a sweet day, hugs~Elizabeth
That's the best to spend the day. You have a chain saw, I have a freight train...lol
Have a wonderful day..
Post a Comment