I was cruising through my Facebook news feed and came across a status update from Accu-Quilt.
It said, "The average quilter makes 10.4 quilts a year". Good grief!!! That certainly makes me a NOT average quilter. I sometimes make 2 a year and a very, very good year would be 3-4!! I do think that every year I could more accurately say, "I started 10 quilts this year". I got a lot done last week at the lake on Libby's quilt.....but still have most of the 2 borders to do. And I decided to do a fair amount of stitching on the one border so that is taking me longer....but I have in my head how it ought to look and I decided not to make any shortcuts.
I am visiting Libby and Joe today. They are lying on the steps. I asked them what they were doing and Libby said, "We're playing sleeping". They are both snoring loudly. Of course I started to take a movie and the battery needs recharged. Ugh! Pitiful timing! By the time I get the battery charged they will forget they ever played it!
That's it for now. I just wanted to share my angst and to also congratulate all you prolific quilters that make and exceed the average!!! Good for you!! At least now I'll know if I'll ever become an average quilter!!!
Have a great day!
Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

5 comments:
I'm right with you on the 2 or 3 a year. I probably start a few more than that, though. Guess not all quilters are that prolific!!
I have only made 2 this yr... I better get busy 8 more to go before Dec... uh huh i will get right on that!..now 2 yrs ago I made about 13...then life jumps up and ya have to put projects on the back burner.luckily all my quilts are surprises to the recipient so nobody gets hurt feelings if not done.I know what ya mean about the battery...good thing our brains can store alot of info.,,somtimes in my case.
sigh.I am SO below average!
Oh Becky, don't feel bad. I make NO quilts per year. I make lots of quilted projects but have yet to make my first real quilt. I recently picked up a Singer Featherweight from Craigslist and after finding a new cord for the thing, I'm going to start quilting lessons at the local quilt shop. You are my inspiration!!!
- Suzanne
Hi Becky,
10 quilts a year Wow!,I'm with you I would never be the average quilter either..LOL they take a lot of work and time. I would just like to find the time to start one. The fabrics are so pretty right now and almost every day now I am saying to Gary how much I really want to make a quilt. Soon I hope, I have been busy making baby gifts.
Have a sweet day~Big hugs-Elizabeth
Post a Comment