Saturday, September 25, 2010

A rest in the mountains....

Rick and I left last Thursday for some vacation time. We first went to Memphis (one of our favorite places on the planet). We had a blast of course. Walks on Beale Street, delicious do-die-for ribs at Rendezvous, and great music.



Ribs at the Rendevous!!




On Monday, we loaded up and drove to Gatlinburg to spend the week in the Smoky Mountains. We had a little cabin on a creek and we spent a good bit of time on the porch listening to the creek sounds (or as we say in W. Va.....the crick).






















We took a couple of drives, Rick walked a trail, and I read books and quilted. I don't think I am
ever going to finish these swirlies in Libby's quilt. And to add insult to injury, I thought I was beginning the fourth (and last) side of the borders, only to find I was starting the third side. Ugh. But still I am working diligently....I want to start something else! And Libby is sure ready to get the quilt on her bed!!



So now we are home and settled for awhile. We are going to Pittsburgh tonite to see Roger Waters of Pink Floyd in a concert of "The Wall". I'm very excited!! We love Pink Floyd! I don't think we will ever grow up......and I certainly am content not to!!

Hugs, Becky

1 comments:

Lane said...

What a peaceful trip! I'd love to spend a few days in a cabin in the mountains. Hope you enjoyed the concert. Lane