I am finally done with Libby's quilt!! I was beginning to think it was going to get the best of me. It is a twin size quilt and it is the largest size I have ever hand quilted. Also, the swirlys were a pain because I had to twist and turn the thing a kabillion times....I felt like I was wrestling with the blasted thing!
But, Libby was very patient....every time she saw it she would whisper, "MeMe, it's so beautiful!" I completed stitching down the binding this evening while watching the WVU Mountaineers play football. I decided I was going to get it done tonite, because I was so close, and, tomorrow I am going over to her house to play so she can put it on her bed.
Below, see the border of all swirlys that drove me bonkers!I'm glad one this one is "in the books". Now on to new things....actually a couple of different things are in the hopper at present.
Blessings ,
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

10 comments:
This is so pretty , Libby will have it for ever .
It is lovely and I know she will love it all her life. I really like the way you did the border to match the sashing strips. Nice job! Glad
So pretty, you did a great job and I am sure Libby will appreciate it for many years.
Patricia
...and MeMe it is SO beautiful! Just thinking of Libby whispering her pleasure in awe makes it worthwhile :)
Beautiful quilt and all worth while, I bet!
That quilt is gorgeous!
Hi Becky,
You are truly amazing! The love you poured into this daring quilt for Libby just touches my heart!.
You are a very special "MeMe".
I want to make a quit, and well try my hand at it soon.
Have a sweet day, hugs~Elizabeth
Awe, how cute is that,, she will love it!
What a pretty quilt.
Absolutely beautiful Becky! What a lot of work but it's a work of love and worth it in the end isn't it.
When I clicked on your link from my dashboard it said you didn't exist. But I clicked on it again from the page where it said you didn't exist and here you are. Aren't computers weird?
Post a Comment