Friday, October 8, 2010

A smiley kind of tired......

It's not unusual for me to keep Aubree and Mia. It's not unusual for me to keep Libby and Joe. What IS unusual.....rarer than rare.....is for me to keep Aubree, Mia, Libby and Joe at the same time. An overlap in schedules caused that to be the case for several hours today. They were really good.....they don't get to play together very often so it was a little tentative for about 5 minutes....then they were off and running.....and running......and running. Aaaaaccccckkkk!!!! The den and the toy room look like a bomb has gone off!


They had a tea party.


It takes a lot of energy to keep up with them. One would ask for apple juice. I would ask the other 3 if they wanted apple juice. No!!! they replied. OK....so I would go to the kitchen and get the apple juice, come back to the den and then another would would decide they wanted apple juice. Ugh.




I tried to get a pic of the 4 together.....Mia wouldn't participate and the other 3 offered minimum cooperation.




Rick came home at lunch and took them outside to play. I fixed their lunches and they ate on the porch....Rick said it looked like a feeding trough.
All in all it was a fun, but tiring day. After Chris picked up his two, Joe and Libby (and MeMe) took a 2 hour nap. They are so much joy in our lives.

Tomorrow it is back to my feverish (yeah, right) quilting. At least in my mind I am quilting feverishly! :)

Hugs, Becky

2 comments:

Lane said...

Oh, my. I could not do it. That would run me ragged! But, I bet the nap was nice. Lane

Elizabeth and Gary said...

You were a busy Grandma! I only have the two Grandkids and they can keep me coming and going all day!LOL..
I wouldn't trade them for the world.
How great that Rick came home during lunch to help out...
Funny when my kids were little I think could multi task like crazy, now it takes me a little longer with the Grands..LOL
You are a amazing Grandma!
Have a sweet day and hugs,Elizabeth