Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2011 UFO CHALLENGE

I am joining with Judy at Patchwork Times for her 2011 UFO Challenge. I am hoping it is the motivation I need to kick-start my sorry butt into finishing these things I have started. I am supposed to make a list of 12.....and isn't it just a crime that I have found more than 12! Bleh.

So I have picked 12 that I want to complete. She will draw a number each month and I will complete the corresponding number on my list that month....hopefully.....

So here's my 12

1) Underground Railroad Wallhanging
2) Hawaiian pillow applique
3) Red, White, and Black -quilting
4) Letha's Fan - piecing and quilting
5) Seneca Falls Snowball-complete piecing
6) " quilting
7) " quilting
8) Dresden plate - quilting
9) Dresden plate - quilting
10) Christmas table runner
11) Reproduction Civil War quilt- piecing
12) " -quilting

Since I plan to hand quilt a few of these I gave myself multiple months to work that all in.

I also am planning to do a BOM as a new project. Sometimes I just kill myself, I'm so funny!!!


6 comments:

Hazel said...

You can do it Becky and now that you posted your list we'll all be here to support you .

Lane said...

You'll love knocking out those WIP's. I love that she picks which of your dozen you work on. That will also be a good incentive. You can do it. And, it will feel good. Lane

Bonnie said...

How smart of you to work on the same ufo for a couple of months. Hum, last time I hand quilted it took me ... hum, 8 years. Shoot, I'm still not done with that quilt now that I think about it. You know the truth is I am NOT working on that thing. Good luck.

Dionne said...

Nice list! I just joined the challenge and I'm looking forward to making progress and following along on everyone elses progress.
Cheers,
Dionne

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Better you than me for making such a public claim! -LOL- I wish you the best of success attaining your goals.

Anne said...

I'm tempted to join this, but very unsure whether I'd possibly find the time. My P&Q seems to be done in spurts - I'll do quite a lot then leave it for several months when life gets in the way.
I see that quite a few of your projects are quilting rather than piecing - that's when I usually stop! I make the top then somehow never get around to quilting it..