OK. I still haven't found the missing UFO, so I substituted one that wasn't on the list.
As long as another one has been completed, I'm happy. Well, I'm not happy that I can't find the other one, but I'm sure it will turn up sometime. This is to connect with Judy's 2011 UFO Challenge
This is a quilt that I had about halfway done for my mother for her Christmas present two years ago.....then she died the last of that October. It was a hurdle for me to complete it with the emotional baggage it carried with it.....so it is good that it is finished.
I made it with my mom's house in mind. So when my sister came up this weekend (it is her house now) I gave it to her. It belongs there.
Click to enlarge.
I hand quilted in the ditch and cross-hatched the focus squares.
Moving day
8 months ago

6 comments:
Wonderful quilt! I am glad that you got it finished and gave it to your sister. I am sure that she will cherish it. I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to finish it, it took lots of courage to do that.
Great finish...congratulations!
Your quilt is lovely and a good remembrance piece.
I too have lost a UFO that was on my list-out of sight, out of mind. Luckily there are always others to fill the void.
Beautiful quilt and wonderful finish. That quilt is full of your love and memories and so happy someone in your family has it. Beautfiful tribute to her. Judy c
www.shadetreequilting.com
What a beautiful quilt Becki! Nice to see you somewhere other than Facebook :0) I love the colours and fabrics you chose.
Becki, beautiful quilt... love the stitching in the ditch too.
Post a Comment