Thursday, April 14, 2011

Time out for fun.....

Today was a day that Aubree and Mia come to visit. I go to meet Chris at a park-n-ride by the interstate and pick them up and he goes on across town to work. As we travel the few miles back to our house they are both chatterboxes. They catch me up on what they have done since I saw them last.

This morning Aubree asked me if I would make Lammie (her battered stuffed toy from her infancy) a "Club House Quilt". I asked her to tell me what a Club House Quilt was and she started describing a house with windows. Then she said, "Wait! I'll draw you 'strushions." So when we got home she drew me what she wanted....
So I went to the scrap pile and this was the end result....
She announced it to be Perfect!!
What more can a MeMe ask for!!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Hazel said...

What a cute story ,I agree You are a great meme .

Debbie said...

You are an awesome and talented Meme! I love the concept of creating from kids depiction of life. I still draw stick people when I do patient teaching so I can totally relate :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

You sound like the perfect MeMe; the little quilt is beautiful!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Nothing could be sweeter! You are one wonderful Meme...
Wishing you and your family a very blessed Easter.
Big hugs, Elizabeth