Jam packed weekend and now this week as well! Fun things, though.
Rick and I went to Bristol for the Nascar race this past weekend. Love this place.Short track racing at it's best. We went Saturday and Sunday. I got sunburnt .......found out from my darling pharmacist DIL that the Cipro that I took for my UTI made me sun sensitive....oh yeah! I am having a fun time this week itching and peeling.
Rick e-mailed me just a while ago with the news he bought tickets to Martinsville this weekend. I give up. I love racing, but I really haven't recovered from last week! I'm no spring chicken any more....AND it is supposed to rain. Just dandy. You know, I was a Nascar fan for 10 years and Rick wasn't.....and I never went to ONE race. He got hooked and now he's gung-ho....and this will be our 6th race in two years. I've created a monster.
One good thing.....I have some time to work on my handwork on the road. I am cutting like a nut to get a bunch of pieces ready to work on Leatha's fan.....and I am making progress. This takes a longer time than rotary cutting, but it's the traditional way and I enjoy that.....and find it relaxing as well.
Here's a short clip of the sights and sounds of a restart at Bristol.
Moving day
6 months ago

4 comments:
I have been to the Brick yard 500 and it was great fun, are seats were covered, but I still could not handle the heat, I even passed out. Not fun when everyone is looking at you.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth
wow another race so soon, lucky you!! take plenty of pics and have fun!!
Hi Becky! Thanks for popping in to see me! Oh, that sounds exciting! My Mr. Precious would love to go to one of those!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Don't know much about racing but i enjoyed reading your blog .Take care of that sunburn .
Post a Comment