Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy....

I've been doing a lot....but not much quilting, I have to say. Corey and Cole took a much deserved cruise 2 weeks ago, and Cole's mom and I "tag team" babysat. It was planned for her to do a few days, I would do the middle and she would do the end. Of course, best laid plans.... Her first days and the first two of my days went really well. Then the next day, Libby woke up with a fever. A long story short.....since Rick was in Arkansas and I was out here in the country by myself.....she came and got Libby and took her to the doctor. Instead of taking Joe to her as well, I decided I would keep him a day or so longer. Then, because she was behind on her work (she works from home) I told her to bring Libby back for Friday night....Rick was back home by then. We transferred them back to her on Saturday and Corey and Cole came home on Sunday. THEN, Joe developed a "boil" on his bottom which a couple of days later landed him in the hospital with a bad staph infection. Holy Moly, Batman!!!

Have no clue how he got that....unless the daycare used some "community butt paste" on his diaper rash. Thankfully, he is home and on oral antibiotics and other than being pale as a popcorn fart and not being able to sit long on his bottom, he is no worse for the wear. Thank you, Lord!

I went Tuesday afternoon to Chris and Nan's house and helped her prime and paint their shutters. It wasn't too bad of a job and it sure looks great. Chris power washed the siding before we started painting and the place is really spruced up. We were amazed at the difference because we really didn't think it was too bad! Of course the girlies kept me entertained and smiling! I came home Thursday afternoon and crashed. Just pooped out!! The last 3 weeks have made me realize that I am not a member of the Spring Chicken Brigade any more! Friday I spent the whole day doing nothing but reading on the porch and taking naps. Total slugville.

Today I am watching Libby and Joe while Cole and Corey go to a wedding. They are both down for extended naps and I have finally been doing some stitching. Since I am wanting to try to do this blog (however boring it may be) more regularly, I decided to take a break and jot these few words down. Now it is back to the stitching. Next week I have to just have to chill out and recover!!

Hugs, B
ecky

5 comments:

Quiltluver said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about all you've been doing. Glad to hear that the kids are doing better.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Well you pooped me out just reading about your week. My goodness get some rest!

Shirley said...

So glad to have you back Becky. Your post wasn't boring at all. I'm glad Joe is feeling better. Spring Chicken membership seems to end quickly. I was at the Thrift Shop the other day looking at things on the bottom shelf. Then I couldn't get up *LOL* I don't think I'd have the energy to babysit little ones anymore but then I'm older than you.

Lane said...

Whew! You are busy. Hope you get some rest. And, glad you're stitching. Lane

Vesuviusmama said...

Pale as a popcorn fart? Love it! I got confused reading this, then realized it was you - did you change your background or something? Or am I just losing it? I was reading it and thinking, "Oh, Becky on Facebook's husband goes to Arkansas, too!" Duh!