Well, I didn't.
The winter was rough with some varying degrees of depression and varying depths of snow. Rick is traveling with his work EVERY WEEK. Sometimes I go with him, sometimes not. I have done some quilting, but up until about a month ago I was content to be a slug in the chair the biggest part of the time. I read everyone's blogs and commented some and that was the extent of my bloglife. Really, you didn't miss much....I thought about blogging a few times, but decided I had nothing blog worthy to write about! Rick did take me for a Mexican Riviera cruise in February in an effort to counteract the neverending winter we were enduring. We left the house with over 3 feet of snow outside and after a week away it had only melted down a foot. Ugh.
So, as spring approached and Aubree's 4th birthday loomed....I decided to make her a quilt for her big girl bed. This was the outcome. (click to enlarge)
I blanket stitched the hearts while I was on the cruise. I also took it to Arkansas with me when I traveled with Rick and worked on it there. I ought to call it the The Quilt of the Traveling MeMe or something like that I guess!!!
I'm working on a surprise quilt for a friend of mine right now, and very soon (like yesterday!!) I need to start on Libby's 4 year old quilt. I can tell you right now it will be late. Bummer. BUT, I am quilting!!
I'll see if I can come up with a few words here and there.....I'm sure you have been on pins and needles waiting to hear from me!!! (Read with MUCH sarcasm!!)
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

5 comments:
That quilt is so cute! I don't think anyone is keeping score on the blogging front. I have slowed down my blogging quite a bit. It's good to hear from you.
That quilt is great. I love the colors. Sorry to hear you had such a bad winter, they get me down too. I am glad to see you back blogging again.
Hi Becky! It's great to see you back online :-) Aubree's quilt is beautiful, well done with colour choice. I'm really sorry to hear you had such a rough winter. I really hope that bad time has past and you are beginning to get back into the swing of things with summer fast approaching. Sam xox
I knew where you were. Thank you for your regular updates as comments even through a hard winter. Cute quilt. Love all the hearts. Lane
Post a Comment