We had a good Father's Day for Rick. One son called him and one brought his family over for dinner. He enjoyed seeing some grandkids, of course.
I finished my surprise quilt....and hope that my girlfriend does not read my blog. She has never given me any indication that she has, so I think I am safe. Donna, my friend, lost her house in the Tennessee flooding a while back. About a week ago the dozers downed what was left. She lost everything. So I decided she needed a comfort quilt. Blockparty.com has great stuff to make for all occasions. I used "Comfort of the Psalms II". Donna's favorite color is bright orange...which is difficult to find outside of Halloween fabric.
So I used a mixture of bold colors that had some burnt orange-ish in there. I used an orange cotton sheet for the backing. (Click to enlarge)I'm going to try to get it in the mail in the next couple of days, but this week is going to be a little hectic. We'll see how it goes.
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

2 comments:
How thoughtful of you to make this quilt for your friend. We had a friend who lost their belongings in a house fire, and they missed the little things, like a blanket to keep you warm while sitting on a couch. Very pretty!
What a lovely quilt. I have a cousin who lost her husband suddenly. I made her a comfort quilt and when things get overwhelming she says it's such a great feeling to just huddle up in the quilt for an hour or so and regain her composure. I think love and caring does come right through the fabric and touch those we give them to.
Post a Comment