Well, I found my camera. Apparently I stuck it in the outside pocket of my quilt tote. I had searched the tote on three different occasions, but forgot it had an outside pocket. Duh. See that little horizontal line under my name??? That is a narrow pocket that I never use....but I did that day!Anyway, I am now a happy camper with a camera.
I began cutting out Libby's big girl quilt. It's from The Quilter magazine in 2007.
Here's some pics...
I don't know if you can see it too well. It's called Ballerina Fairies and made from Timeless Treasures fabric with, of course, ballerina fairies!I thought I was doing really well....I had all the strips cut out. Then these little words jumped out at me......"cut into 80 1 1/2 inch squares", and "cut into 106 strips".... Jeepers!!! But I got them all cut. Now I am supposed to fussy cut the fairy blocks into 8 1/2 inch squares with 4 ballerinas per square. What a chore! The blocks are printed wonky to the grain of the fabric. To get an 8 1/2" square with the blocks centered within the block causes a ton of waste. I decided to take a break for lunch and do this blog entry, then I will get back at it. I'm not even sure I have enough material to do it....I should, I ordered the required amount...but maybe I'm too picky about centering the pattern. We'll see. I'll make it work somehow!
So I am headed back to the project, while the laundry is going, the dishwasher is going, and it's so hot and humid outside I wouldn't go out on a bet!! Give me my A/C!!!
Hugs, Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

3 comments:
Glad you found your camera .Love Libby's quilt she is going to be thrilled with it ,
libby's quilt is great! Perfect colours for a little girl. My neice would love it with the ballerinas on it. Good luck getting the squares cut.
So funny! I do things like that far too frequently. Haven't seen my farm checkbook since January! I'm about to go crazy but it's a short trip.
Post a Comment