Well, I had a very emotionally draining week with 2 trips to funeral homes and 2 more deaths that had an effect on me.....needless to say I was in a downward spin.
Rick came to my rescue and surprised me with an overnight to Cass, WV. It was to ride their Saturday evening "Fiddles and Vittles" train.
The entertainment.
It was delightful. We took the train up to Whittaker Station where there was a buffet set up with delicious food. While we were eating we were treated to some bluegrass music. It was a beautiful evening in the mountains.
After we arrived back to the station we returned to our rented "company" house for the night.
View from our house.
Logging and mining companies provided housing for their workers...and they (Cass Railroad State Park) have several available for accommodations. We sat on the porch swing and enjoyed the nice evening and I knitted a little till the darkness arrived.
I'm looking forward to making a return trip for a longer period of time very soon!!
Moving day
6 months ago

4 comments:
I'm sorry for your losses. It sounds like you have a wonderful hubby, though. That trip looks awesome. Wish there was something like that around here. Thanks for sharing.
Sorry for your losses .Looks like you had a nice weekend and look at those quilts on the beds ,beautiful .
Sorry to hear about your losses. I am glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. The accommodations look very homey.
My sympathies for all of the loss. But you've got quite a keeper there. Glad you had a nice weekend!
Post a Comment