Truth is I am quilting, but I can't really post pictures because it is a surprise quilt for a friend. I don't think she reads my blog, but the site is posted on my facebook page so there is a remote possibility. Therefore, we will keep it a secret a little longer. I can tell you that I have begun the borders (almost finished with one side) so I start jumping ahead of myself to get going on another project! If only I could muster the energy to complete some of the unfinished ones....but that goes hand in hand with being a quilter, I think. My next project will be Libby's birthday quilt.....which in no way will be completed for her birthday. But she doesn't have her big girl bed yet so I have a little time.... I picked out this quilt for Libby a long time ago and ordered the fabric. It has pink and purple fairy ballerinas in it and fairly simple, but plenty for her to look at. I'm going to go dig out the fabric...hopefully I remembered to put the magazine the pattern is in with it! I think I did, but I know that doesn't mean much to my feeble brain these days. I have found my Ipod.....now my camera is on the missing list. This is really maddening because it was just on the lost list a few weeks back! I found it in an unlikely place, of course. I have checked the previously unlikely places I looked for the Ipod, the cords, etc.....but of course it isn't there. The only place I can think of to look is under the seats in my car. I will try that option when I go down to put my laundry in the dryer. Maybe I need to get a tote bag of some sort...kinda Sophia-esque in nature (as in Golden Girls) and carry everything I keep losing in it. It would have to be a bag on wheels because I am loosing too much to carry on my arm or shoulder!! Ugh. I don't think I have a dementia problem...YET....but just a creature of rushing and not paying attention where I put things. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.....it's calling for rain here, so not much outdoor activity being planned.
I leave you with some photos from the top of the Dolly Sods Wilderness area from our car ride last weekend. We love this area...in spring and in fall. The wild mountain laurel was in bloom, as was the wild pink honeysuckle putting it's glorious fragrance in the air. Also an abundance of wild bleeding hearts. Just beautiful! Click to enlarge.....
Hugs, Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

7 comments:
Becky, I already know the quilt is for me, so go ahead and post photos, I won't tell. just kidding =cheryl
Losing things is so frustrating, but I am always so thrilled when I FIND something, that it is almost worth losing something to feel that happy feeling again! Can't wait to see the quilt for some lucky friend!
Do what I do ,I always ask my DH if he has seen the object then he goes in search of it LOL .Works every time .
I want to invent a whistler. If I do, I'll attach it to my keys. If I whistle, it will beep. After the prototype, I'll make sure to send you a couple. ;-) Lane
Lost my debit card yesterday, and couldn't buy gas. Lucky I had enough gas to get home. That put me in quite a panic driving home until I got home and found it had fallen from my purse between the seats in the car.
Hi Becky,
I can't wait to see the quilt! I know it will be beautiful! You know I was missing a pillow, I know I packed it and I had gone through all my boxes and couldn't find it..
I was getting so upset because I love this little pillow. Well anyway I found it all wrap up nicely in the quest room closet. I think I put it away for safe keeping until I could put it out. Silly us... Just to much on our minds.
Have a wonderful week,
Elizabeth
Beautiful photos Becky. I have a trick that always works when I'm looking for something I've lost. Start looking for something else you've lost and the one you're looking for now will show up. Seems to work every time. Love the Sophiaesque idea, I've got a notebook for myself now that I make lists and notes to myself in.
Post a Comment