Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mystery Quilt

(click to enlarge)


What fun!

I started at 10:00 a.m. which was 7:00 a.m. in Tucson where the hostess lives. The mystery was divided into quarters.

This is the outcome of the first quarter (on the left) and the second quarter (to the right)











Then I completed the third quarter....










I'm watching football in my sewing room so since we are calling these segments "quarters" I feel like I'm right in the game!!!

Then 2 of the above sections were joined to make a square. (I forgot to take a picture) Duh.

The blocks were then joined together and here is the finished product.....













I didn't sew on feet. That's Rick being my helper for photographs! I love how it turned out!!
This morning before I even got started my DIL Cole was here picking up the grands and wandered in to see what fabric I was using.
She got excited.
She asked me what I was going to do with the quilt.
I said I didn't know.
I asked her if she would like it.
She said yes.
Quilt is headed her way.

It all happened so fast!!!!!! :)

So that is my mystery quilt. It was an awful lot of fun. I'd do it again.

Blessings,
Becky

7 comments:

Quiltluver said...

Wow, you sure work fast, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. That turned out very pretty!

Hazel said...

suffiTouch Down ,its really pretty .

Molly said...

My Gosh girl, did you get a speeding ticket on that sewing machine? It turned out great and isn't it nice that she liked it that much. I love to give gifts when you can tell how much people really are thrilled with them. Good job.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

My goodness that was quick. I like your fabric choices. Love the quilt. Looks rather easy and as I said quick.

Shirley said...

It turned out beautiful Becky! Your fabric choices were perfect.. which is the part that makes me uncertain about mystery quilts. It was either a fast one or you worked non-stop all day. Now you need to find another mystery quilt to do.

Vesuviusmama said...

How did you do that so quickly? It turned out beautifully, and how cool to have a recipient already!

prashant said...

.. Molly and I won't be going out much for a while... SNOWING!

Work from home India