Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I haven't dropped off....

....the face of the earth!

But, I've been totally out of whack for several different reasons. Kinda depressed, busy with the grands, traveling with Rick, just in a fog, I guess.

I have tried the last couple of weeks to change my attitude.....which is the only way any of the rest will change. I dread winter.....I suffer the winter blahs in the worst way and I just hate to see it start. Therefore, the attempt, with God's help, to short circuit it by going on the offensive before it gets here. We'll see how it goes.

I am so far behind on the Birthday block swap it is embarrassing. I have 2 made, but have not been able to make myself mail them. I apologize. I have the fabric ready to make most all of the others so since I will be home for the next 3 weeks I hope to get all caught up and mailed. Please know that you will get yours if I owe you one already.

I miss the quilting so much. I get so much enjoyment and peace from it.....but sometimes the effort to pick up the needle or walk to the sewing machine is more than I can handle. My butt print just deepens on my chair. New way of thinking...up an at 'em!

So in an effort to facilite this new thinking, I joined a mystery quilt event on an Online Quilter group I am in for this Saturday. I finally got my material cut last night and prepped a pile of squares to make half square triangles prior to Saturday. I'm hoping to carve out the time to do that tomorrow, then cut, press and square up after. I am excited...I have never done a mystery quilt before and I think it will be fun.

Christmas presents for the grands are ordered and most of them have arrived. Rick's gifts are mostly complete as well. I like to have my shopping essentially done before Thanksgiving....I am not a holiday crowd person. Well, actually that is not true. I don't necessarily mind the people, I just don't want to shop and try to check out among them. Does that make sense? Milling around and looking at decorations and listening to singing.....stuff like that, I have no problem. But pushing and shoving and rudeness that bubbles to the surface this time of year is just a pain. So I try to do a lot of online shopping (with free shipping) and only wade into the crowd at my leisure and pleasure.

I leave you with some new pics of the grands.....they are growing sooooo much.



<>I'll try to be a better blogging buddy and will post my mystery quilt!

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Welcome back Becky ,I'm with you on the winter thing and also Christmas .Love the music and decoration but its to commercialized these days for me .
Enjoy the mystery quilt and don't forget the photo's .

Amy said...

good to see ya again.I know what ya mean about crowds,some people do not get prepared and act like it is our fault!! I have alot of my shopping done already also. I can not wait to see the mystery in its progress. take care ,Amy

Lane said...

I haven't done a mystery since Nancy-Rose posted one a couple of years ago. They're very fun. Should be good for what ails ya'. You've been on the road so much, packing, unpacking, cleaning. Enjoy the break and sit still some. Lane

Auntie Em said...

Hi Becky, Glad to see you post again! Sometimes you need to take a break from things, even the things you like. (Well, I know I do.)
The mystery quilt sounds like just the thing you get your quilt mojo jump started. Hope you have fun.
Those grandkids of your are adorable.

Shirley said...

Hey Becky! I can sure relate to how you're feeling. I've suffered from on and off depression for years. Change of attitude does help. I do gratitude lists. I dread winter too (here it's dull and rainy, not snowy, but the damp and dull can get to you). But I'm grateful that if I'm dreading it it means that I'm alive and here to experience it.
I'm exactly like you with holiday shopping. I need to get started. I do love walking the mall and seeing the lights and hearing the music though.
The grands are adoreable! Another gratitude for you.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Brighter days ahead for you and good news your are getting yourself up and back into the grove again. Just keep creating those beautiful quilts and that will help.
I can't wait to see the mystery quilt.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I was wondering where you had been. I hear ya about winter, I am the same way, I hate it. I know how you feel sometimes you just can't push yourself it just isn't there so don't worry about it. But getting excited about doing a project is just the thing. Glad your back.

Vesuviusmama said...

Welcome back! I understand about WANTING to quilt, but sometimes not being able to pick up the needle or sit down at the machine. When that happens to me, I don't force it, but I do something else quilting related, like thumb through a magazine or read a book or blog. Eventually, I am inspired to start again, and then I can't understand what was holding me back all that time.

prashant said...

Love the music and decoration but its to commercialized these days for me .

Work from home India