Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A quilt for today......

This is a great day. I did all my errands yesterday so I have no need to leave the house. I have the eternal pile of papers/books to go through and try to get rid of, a couple of loads of laundry to do, and then I can QUILT!!!

Yesterday I did a little Christmas shopping, had lunch with some of my dearest friends prior to Bible Study. The study time was great and uplifting just being with the gals. We are working our way through the Bible, finishing up Genesis next time. We have a lively discussion where many contribute additional word studies, commentaries, cross-referencing points and applications. It is so interesting. We are taking it about 5 chapters a time. Some were daunted at the years it will take to get through the Bible, but we finally decided we would be studying something all those years anyway......it only seems daunting because we started at the beginning! So I think everyone is over all that, now. You'll hear more about the Holy Huddle as time goes on since this group is so important in my life. I thank God every day for them and the love and support of them all.

Here is a quilt I made. I generally make them "throw size" and usually make them for someone else.

This one is actually one I made for myself. It is the pattern "Hearts and Gizzards", a traditional pattern I truly love. My quilt teacher was telling me I needed work on my applique, so I challenged myself to make this in order to improve my skills. It worked....my applique is much better.
Here is an "up-close" of a square.


It is hand pieced and hand quilted. My favorite way of doing things!

Have a great day!!

1 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Someone hand me a fan ... my, my, that is one lovely quilt! Honestly, I can hardly take my eyes off of it. And all hand pieced and quilted ... amazing!