Monday, December 1, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

I bought myself a Christmas present today! I found a great deal on a new Pfaff 2048 complete with Fabric mover/stitch regulator. I am so excited. I have been tossing this idea around for a long time....I have actually been holding off on machine quilting Bubby's jar quilt just in case I decided to go ahead with this. So this will be a big adventure for me. I wouldn't have bought a new machine because the Pfaff I have had for several years is still great.....but the fabric mover won't fit on it, so since I plan to be quilting for many more years, I decided it was worth it....especially with this deal.

My Christmas present to myself last year was Jim Shore's Nativity. It is the perfect addition to a quilter's holiday decorations.





I need to get going and do some work so I can stitch a little bit after while.





1 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
How sweet of you to want to follow my blog. I too love to quilt, but I don't stitch mine by hand I use my machine as much as possible. I haven't made a quilt in a long time, I have been sewing blankets, knitting and crocheting them. I would love to see your quilts, I bet they are beautiful and now with your new quilting machine it will help speed up the stitching time. How fun to be able to create new patterns on your quilts.
Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth