You all know how it goes. Just when you think you have your day planned.....life kicks you in the butt.
I was chomping at the bit to get started quilting on my hodgepodge quilt and planned to do the sandwich last evening. Well, I get a call from Chris and he told me Nan's grandmother is in the hospital with heart trouble and will have a catheterization this a.m. He was wondering if I could keep the girls overnight and today (Wed) instead of Thursday. Well, of course I could, and we did, but there goes the quilt sandwich making. But, I can do that Thursday. I really want that ready before we leave Monday.
We head out to the quaint village of Seneca Falls, NY. Rick's company has a plant there and he has been working with them on various projects for a few years and I love traveling with him. We drive to all sorts of interesting and unique destinations in the evenings. While he works at the plant in the day, I quilt, knit,sleep, watch dvds, sleep, read books, sleep.......see how it goes???
So last night we had a double feature of Cinderella and Tinkerbell. We are all primed for Sesame Street this morning, then we're going outside and draw on the patio with sidewalk chalk. There is always time for quilting later, but to play with Aubree and Mia when they are little and so entertaining is a diminishing opportunity.....they are growing up waaaaaaay too fast!
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

6 comments:
Sorry your quilting plans didn't work out but you get to spend some time with grandkids that will be fun .
I had to look up Seneca falls on the map , we go to the Seneca casino in Niagara Fall NY , not so much to play but the building is amazing so many native artifacts , it's just beautiful .Enjoy your trip .
Play today, Play tomorrow. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me! Enjoy the kids. You're right, they do grow fast. Lane
Sounds like a good time after all. The quilt will be the same when you return to it, the children will not.
Seneca Falls is very pretty. My daughter was born in Clifton Springs, NY, not far from there. Canandaigua is very nice as well as Geneva and if you get a chance go to Naples, NY just south of Canandaigua. Lovely little town looks like Italy. Have fun
I wish I were going on that little trip with you - we drove through New York several years ago and found it to be beautiful country. blessings, marlene
Hi Becky,
Oh I am having such a hard time reading your post today. Its in red my most favorite color, but its very had to read and I love visiting you.
The red is blending into the back round color.
Maybe its just my old eyes.
I'll visit again soon, enjoy your day.
Elizabeth
Post a Comment