Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ta Da!!!!!!!

It is done. I had to do the last 2 feet of binding at the party, but no biggie. I would have gotten it done for sure, but Rick and I spent all morning yesterday car shopping. I'm going to trade in my Legacy for a Ford Escape. I am a truck/suv girl. I had an F150 about 3 years ago and when Rick sold the boat, we traded the truck because we really didn't need it. Well, I miss it!!!! So they had the best deals going over the weekend, so hopefully I'll pick it up Tuesday.

The party for Joe was great. Cole made a monkey cake and had banana cupcakes for the kiddies. Really cute. Yellow and green streamers.

Here's a pic of the finished quilt with some backing showing. It actually looks pretty much like I had envisioned it. That's rare for me!

Cole and Rick are holding it up for me. (click to enlarge)









Here is Libby in her pink princess pants. She and Aubree played under the pool table like
it was their private cave! :)










OK, I'm going to go take a nap!
Blessings,
Becky

10 comments:

Molly said...

I love your quilt, I think jar quilts are just one of the cutest things ever. Libby looks so cute in her "pink" and I think her cave looks pretty interesting. I'm glad everything turned out good, it doesn't matter how long it took to finish the quilt, point is--you finished it. Yea !!! Enjoy your nap my friend. 8>)

Vesuviusmama said...

Congratulations on the quick hand quilting finish! You give me hope that I might have my sister's done for her by this weekend. I had an F150 Supercrew until last summer when gas was $4/gallon. I sure do miss it!!

Sam said...

Oh Becky, the quilt has turned out so fantastic! It really looks great. The party sounds like it was fun, and Libby looks like she is doing really well! Sam xox

Lynn - JnL4God said...

I'm glad you got it done! Good Job! Yeah! Libby looks like a little doll. So Cute. Nice how little spaces, Big Boxes and such can entertain children for the longest time. Get some rest now. :)
Blessings,
Lynn

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Wow, your the fastest hand quilter ever, it turned out great.

Lane said...

Love your jar quilt. I have a fabric with marbles on it that I've always wanted to use for a jar quilt and just have never gotten around to...one day, maybe. Take care. lane

Vesuviusmama said...

I had to laugh at your comment on my post. No, my dad didn't play for THE Cards, but for in a senior league. He loved everything baseball.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
I love your quilt!. Really it is so darn cute and so cleaver and creative. I wish we lived close I would have you teach me how to make this sweet quilt.
Great Job.
enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Debbie said...

I LOVE the bugs on the quilt. Perfect for a little boy. Isn't it funny how attitude is everything? Instead of big clunky casts, PRINCESS BOOTS. Maybe this attitude is why Luke 18 says, "...for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these...receive the kingdom of God like a little child."

Jay said...

Well, I think you've had plenty of compliments on your quilt (but then can there be too many compiments?) ;-) I just wanted to compiment you on your choice of a vehicle (truck). Now if ya just had a boat (oops - sorry) Wink Wink