I've had a very busy 2 weeks and virtually haven't had time to even look at the sewing machine or fabric or anything quilty. I am chomping at the bit to get things back to normal (what exactly is that, anyway) and get some stitching done.
By way of getting everyone up to speed, Little Libby had her surgery and is doing remarkably well. She is allowed to stand for a little while, but after her 1st recheck on Wednesday, she'll probably be going like crazy. Here's a pic I borrowed from her mommy's blog....Her parents told her that her casts were "special pink princess pants" that were going to help her walk better. I thought that was a good idea! She is really proud of her princess pants and keeps showing them to us. What a kid.
Last weekend, Rick and I went camping at Summersville Lake with my sister and brother-in-law. Aubree and Mia joined us and we all had a blast. Here's a couple of pics....
Aubree just waiting to be big enough to sleep on the top bunk
Mia just being her usual sweet self. She's content to read a book to herself. She was her Pappy's shadow all weekend.
It was a wonderful time and gave Chris and Nan a break. Nancy had to work, but they went out to dinner a couple of nights and they enjoyed that.
I got out the backing fabrics for the three quilts that are ready and this afternoon I am going to start sewing them together. I am determined to get out of this slump and start doing what I enjoy most.....stitching!! I picked out the fabric for the first Birthday Block swap and have that on Monday's schedule! :) We'll see how scheduling works out for me. (I don't hold out much hope, but am thinking positively.
Oh yeah, during this time Uncle Bill had a heart attack (he's ok and back at the nursing home), Rick & I had the stomach flu, and various and sundry other little surprises we had to deal with. Ahhhhh, the joys of life.
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

3 comments:
Hi, Becky. I'm so glad you wrote me. I got you added to my follow blog list. We're doing well and sounds like Libby is too. I didn't know about the surgery until now. Kids sure are resilient aren't they? Take care. Lane
I am so glad that little Libby is doing well with her recovery. Sounds like you had a much needed weekend off with camping. I am glad you had a good time.
Hi Becky,
How sweet little Libby is. She had to go through so much, but she seems to be a very strong little girl. My sister was born with dislocated hips and had to be in a cast that covered her hips and both legs, only leaving room for the dipper. After the casts she went into a bar that was attached to her shoes to keep her hips apart so they could continue to mend. I agree with Lane, children are resilient.
Take care and have a great day,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment