Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Escape saga continues.....


This is so crazy it's funny. I have never in my life had as much trouble getting a
car as I have this one.

They tell me it's a) we are buying an 09 at the end of the model year; inventory is down

and


b) people don't have any scruples

If you remember, we were waiting on the Michigan car and the dealer up there sold it after he made an agreement with our dealer to hold it. They tracked down another one in Hanover, Pa. That dealer said OK and while our dealer was calling us to verify we wanted it (it had some different options) Hanover decided he wouldn't let it off the lot.

Finally, they tracked one down in Ashland, Virginia. It turned out that Rick and I rode down to Virginia with a manager from our dealer, picked up the car and drove it back to Morgantown OURSELVES. I know for a fact that it is sitting in the car lot getting detailed today and a W. Va. sticker put on and that I will be picking it up tomorrow at 10:30 a.m., and I absolutely love the vehicle!! This was a 10 hour trip (5 down and 5 back arriving at 1 a.m. today) for us, but it was a beautiful day to travel. Rick and I just added it to our list of adventures. Rick said, "You just never know where we're going to pop up!" I agreed and said we were "whack-a-moles".

I guess I could be furious.......but because we were having so much trouble with this thing, our dealer kept finding option upgrades that weren't going to cost us anything, so my Escape is pretty primo!! I didn't even drive on the way back, I let Rick enjoy.....and he is picky about how a vehicle rides because he has to travel so much. He likes it a lot too. My mind was just mush after all of this.....I couldn't have driven to the back door! And the last 150 miles was waaaaaaaay past my bedtime so I was....... let's just say, a little cranky? Don't ask Rick, though, because he had another name for it.....but it rhymed with "stitch". :-O

It seems like there is always some sort of drama going on around here.....we are taken off guard for a little while, then buckle down to withstand the pressure and usually find a way to have some laughs with it. One would drown in the morass if there weren't laughter.

We are getting to play with Libby and Joe this afternoon so I am excited.

BTW.....went up to make the hodgepodge quilt sandwich so I could take it on my trip......I didn't have enough backing fabric and had to order more this morning. Hear me laughing!!!!!

Looks like Letha's Electric Fan is going to get a bunch done on it and my poor brother is going to have to wait some more....but of course after 40 years, it really doesn't make much difference, I guess. (For those unfamiliar.....my mom made these blocks for Jim 40+ years ago and never did anything with them. After she died I decided I would finish his quilt for him. I joined them with sashing and thought I was getting on a roll....at least for me, anyway.....but that's the story)

Blessings,
Becky

3 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That is some story about your car deal. And they wonder why some of them are out of business. Strange dealings I will say. I would have been tuckered right out too after all of that.

Hazel said...

Congratulations on the new car ,it sounds like you and hubby have found a winner .

Shirl said...

Hello , THank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. So sorry that you are having such a problem with getting a car. I always hated car shopping! LOL Have a great week!
BLess you, Shirl
SHirls Rose Cottage