(Click photos to enlarge)
We are traveling, dovetailing work with fun.
I finally got my car......here it sits... in my driveway. The saga continued...when I went to pick it up the dealer had run out of state inspection stickers for the month of June. I had to wait 2 hours while they went to a sister dealership to get one. I am sooooooo glad this is all over.
Got all packed up and headed out Monday evening on our journey. As we passed Pittsburgh we had dinner at one of our favorites. Pittsburgh has a chain, Primanti Brothers,I enjoyed the Pastrami Sandwich and Rick ordered the "Pitts-burgher". If you didn't click on the link......Primanti's sandwiches are piled with coleslaw and french fries on home made bread. A real project to eat because they are so piled high, but so worth the mess.
Our first stop was Erie, PA. We slept at Courtyard Mariott and was glad it was well insulated. The sound from the mega thunderstorms would have had me hanging from the ceiling if I had heard them unfiltered.....and I am not afraid of storms.....they were just LOUD. Much cloud to ground lightning. We woke up to find a lot of Erie under water.....and we saw today that it is still fighting high water. There was an order out to stay off the roads (even I-90), so we opted for a late check-out (1:00 p.m.) and by the time we got started everything was ok.
We arrived at Waterloo/Seneca Falls, NY. When I first came up here years ago, I was amazed that the tallest point in the entire area is the landfill.
This thing is HUGE.....it goes for ACRES and ACRES!!! It is EXPANDING. They have encircled the thing with some sort of spray designed to cover the odor. Blech. I dubbed it the "fragrance farm" and always switch the air cirulation to interior a mile or so before we get to it.
We then checked into the Microtel. This place is perfect for the things I need to do while Rick works. A suite has a sofa, table and chairs, microwave, fridge, a desk, a window that opens, wi-fi and free long distance calling and best of all........
a window seat with a view out to the Erie Canal
Sorry for the glare.
Rick finished up this morning and we headed to Old Forge, NY, a quaint little village in the Adirondack Mountains. It is raining, of course, but I don't melt and I plan to go spend the day with the Vanderbilts tomorrow. hehehehe
I got many fan sections sewed for the quilt and a bunch sewn on to the base. I am now ready to begin on some more stitching, we are safely ensconsed in the 19th Green Motel (straight out of the mid-century.....love it)!
Check back to see what we get into next.
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

4 comments:
Sounds like your having fun, except for Erie that is. One time we were going through there in an awful snow storm. What is it about Erie and the weather anyway? Lake effect I guess.
The way you are writing this makes me feel like I am right there with you. Keep 'em coming !! Have fun !
Love you new car and it sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation.
Vera
Post a Comment