Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A week in Slugville.....

(Click to enlarge)


We are enjoying a week at Deep Creek Lake, MD. There's no pressure to do anything, see anything or anyone (we've been coming up here 10 years for a least 2 different weeks a summer and some long weekends throughout the year. It's our getaway spot. It's only an hour away from our house. We rent a ground-floor efficiency apartment at Will-O-The-Wisp .

This is the view from our patio.









I set up my sewing station out there yesterday morning and stitched on Leatha's Electric Fan for several hours. It was perfect weather.....high 74 degrees and low humidity.


My sewing station......





We have company today. Libby and Corey came up to play.




<>







<<<>

Pappy, Corey & Libby soaking up some rays >>>>>>



I'm currently stitching while Libby naps in the bunk bed in a tee-tiny bedroom. (I'll post pics of the apt. next post.) Rick and Corey are beaching and riding the Sea-Doo on the lake.

Talk to y'all again soon!
Blessings, Becky

7 comments:

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Looks like you are have a wonderful time. I wish I could go outside and sew but it's just to hot here right now. Have a good vacation.
Vera

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Well I think with this heat I need to come knocking on your door! Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Lane said...

Wish I was there!!! It's hotter than heck here. No way I could sit outside and sew. Enjoy it! Lane

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Dave has family near there...in Columbia, MD but they play and work in Deep Creek.
BTW, LOVE the bottled water from Deep Creek - Deer Park is one of the ONLY bottled waters that's actually spring water and NOT pasturized tap water.

Hazel said...

How relaxing ,it looks like a wonderful place >Enjoy

Shirley said...

You are so lucky to be holidaying in such a beautiful place. Enjoy!

Molly said...

I would love to go outside to sew but we always have too much wind, so I HAVE to just sit and do nothing ;-) But I do love the breeze so I am not complaining at all.