(click photos to enlarge)
Well, the weather is downright yucky, but that hasn't deterred us from having a great time. It really has rained around 95% of the time. The sun comes out for a minute or two....literally....then the raindrops return.
We did the drive around yesterday. We saw some beautiful mountains and gorgeous lakes......
We had a delicious lunch at the Adirondack Hotel then drove to Vermont.
All in the rain. Rick got to meet New York's finest, much to his chagrin....
we will learn the extent of that damage at a later date.
We stopped at the Airondack Museum and they had these quilts in the lobby.The one on the right is tie quilted.
We also swung by Lake Placid and drove around some of the venues. The ski jump was there.....Rick was flabbergasted at the height of the thing.
I had to agree......we won't be doing any ski jumping anytime soon!
By the time we got back to the motel we were exhausted. But we had a good day.
Here's a pic of the Adirondack Hotel and one of Hoss's Store (where I got an ornament for our Vacation Christmas Tree). Both structures have great Adirondack styling .
AND...this little store in Lake Placid just struck me as humorous......it seems to have all the bases covered......
...Shenandoah Indian Crafts, Laundromat, Donut Shop. Hmmmm
More later.....
Blessings and Happy Independence Day to everyone.
Becky
Moving day
6 months ago

6 comments:
That is a beautiful area up there. I am glad you are having a good time.
Enjoy yourself ,what lovely scenery .
How very lovely it sounds. I would like to go in that little shop, especially for donuts ! Sounds like fun.
What a beautiful drive. Love Hoss's. Sounds like a fun place to browse. No fabric though?
Hi Becky,
What a lovely dive you had,I have never been to Vermont, but I have always wanted to. I love to see vacation pictures, it like coming along with you.
Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth
Can I go with y'all next time? Molly said I could.. shucks she even said she would pay ya something to take me ... and leave me. I wonder what she meant by that??? ;-)
Looks like ya had a great time..
my best, jay
Post a Comment