Thursday, July 9, 2009

On to Niagara.....


I'm a few days late, but better late than never, I guess.

We left the Adirondacks and headed back to the Fingerlakes region and beyond.



We got to Niagara Falls about 1:00 p.m. and checked in to our hotel. Rick splurged and got us a suite on the 33rd floor with a view of the falls.










We were entertained with the Sunday night fireworks display......

...and the lights of the city







So we slept with the window open listening to the falls all night.....very soothing.

Now we are home, and I am scrambling about with laundry and keeping grands and going to Bible Study and packing for our vacation week up at Deep Creek Lake, MD next week. We also jammed in a surprise birthday party for our son Chris, and Libby will celebrate her third birthday on Saturday. We'll head for the lake from there. This is always a time of being a slug. I read a bunch of books, stitch some quilt stuff and sometimes knit. Just. a. slug.

Blessings to all,
Becky


7 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

I wanna be a slug- sounds wonderful. I love the totally worn out can't do one more thing in a fun way feeling. We just got back from the lake and I need to sleep for a week! Enjoy it while you can. cw

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your trip to the Falls sounds wonderful. Have a good time on vacation.

Vesuviusmama said...

I want to be a slug, too!! Enjoy your time!

Shirley said...

Wow, what a view from that room!! But you didn't go on the Queen of the Mist? It's still running isn't it? I haven't been to Niagara falls in about 50 years.. gosh I feel old... but I was on the Canadian side. Have fun at the lake. I'd love to be somewhere that I could just be a slug. Being home is too much work.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

I would love being a sluf for a while. What a wonderful view of the fall from you window. Wouldn't it be cool to have that sound to go to sleep by every night? Glad you had a good time.
Vera

Lane said...

Happy slugging! Ohh, how fun to travel to such quiet places. Have fun. Lane

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Looks like you had a great time and what a view you had. Enjoy your time at the lake it sounds just wonderful, I want to be a slug!.

Take care,
Elizabeth