We are now at home for awhile. We have another week booked in mid-August. Sometimes we skip out on this next one to go somewhere else. We'll see. We really enjoyed the rest this week.
Yesterday it rained. That was OK. The rain is really needed. We drove up to Grantsville, MD for a little day trip. We had a delicious lunch at Casselman's Restaurant. We both had hot roast beef sandwiches (homemade bread) with mashed potatoes and gravy. YUM! This is a big Mennonite/Amish area. The restaurant is run by the Mennonite folks....hence the delicious food and the shoo-fly pie on the menu. It always gives me pause when I eat there......they play instrumental hymns over the stereo system. That doesn't bother me at all, but I have to admit I felt kinda awkward eating coleslaw to the strains of "Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me". I felt like I should be praying instead of eating!!! :)
We went across the road to Four Seasons Stitchery, one of my favorite "sorta-local" (1 1/2 hrs. away) quilt shops. As usual when he travels to a quilt stop with me, Rick takes a nap in the car, then comes in to take care of the $$$$. This time my total was $85.49. I tell you this only because when we got back in the car, he looked over at me and said, "Where's the rest of it?" Very brilliantly (I thought), I answered, " Huh?" He said, "There's $85 worth of stuff in that bag?" hehehehe
It isn't very big, is it.
This is what it contained.........2 quilting stencils,ruler, 2 thimbles, 3 packs of betweens, a presser, a pattern for a table runner, and the 5 fabrics to make it. $85.49 Eek! I was only intending to get the all the notions...no material or anything else. BUT, I saw this fabric and fell in love with it. It will make a great table runner for a log home decorated with blues and tans. Y'all know all too well how that goes, doncha.
We rested throughout the evening, got up this morning, packed up and started home. We stopped by the local farmer's market to see what treasures we could find there.
There was beautiful produce, flowers, herbs, jewelry, soaps, lotions, baked goods and jams. If our car wasn't so stuffed I would have bought more goodies. As it is, we got sweet corn, green tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, 2 pecks of green beans, zucchini, summer squash and ripe tomatoes.
The best surprise was meeting up with my baby brother and sister-in-law in the parking lot. They live half an hour away from the market and we live an hour away so it was certainly a chance meeting.So now we are home, sweet home and I am getting ready to string beans.
Blessings,
Becky
Moving day
8 months ago

5 comments:
I know what you mean about the small bag and the big bucks! None of it is cheap that is for sure.
Sounds like you had a great time .The blues and tan fabric will be beautiful together .
Sounds like a great day. Isn't it neat to meet people in unexpected places? It always brightens my day.
What a good time you had! Don't you love running into people in odd places? I love doing that. I'm glad you are having fun, take care.
Hi Becky ....
I have one word for you --- garage sale .. okay, I can't count very well. It did sound like you had a great day. You know, in our various hobbys, we all have a tendency to spend, spend, spend and then think hmmmmm, maybe I spent too much for that.
Or you can do what I do -- spend cash and there's no record he he he he.
Maybe Molly will share what I found for her at a sale last weekend. There was this big bag .... oh, sorry. I let her tell ya ;-)
as always... my best to you and yours
jay
Post a Comment