Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vacation Reading.....

The weather continues to impress us, although it is a little humid today and cloudy...anticipating some rainfall this afternoon and overnight. I think everyone needs rain, so I don't mind having some showers around.

I spent yesterday afternoon reading. I completed "Keeping the House" by Ellen Baker, which was recommended by Nancy-Rose, I think. It's loosely based around quilting, but I like the 3 generation story woven in. I couldn't put it down, so I was turning off my Kindle at 1:00 a.m.

I also read the book written by my dear friend, Barbara Marshak."Hidden Heritage" is a biography of Paul LaRouche, a Lakota Indian and his impact on the Native American music scene. Good read, Barb!! Molly....your copy will be in the mail the first of next week when I get home and can get to the P. O.

Also, I read "A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick, and recommended by Erin (Vesuvius Mama). It was very good. I'm gonna download the sequel...hopefully I can read it soon.

This post is kinda bare, without any artwork....so I think I will just decorate with a vintage splash.

Blessings,
Becky

3 comments:

Lane said...

Love a good book. I've been reading the Shenandoah Album books by Emilie Richards. I'm enjoying them, but the second is a little slower than the first one was. Take care and enjoy the rest of the vacation. Lane

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Glad your having a relaxing time reading and reading.

Shirley said...

I love reading. I remember Nancy and Erin recommending those books. I finished The Lost Quilter in 3 days and have a request in at the library for Wedding Ring Quilt by Emile Richards.