Friday, June 26, 2009

Hurry up and wait.....

Good morning, all.

All I can say is Grrrrrrrr. We were told to expect the vehicle yesterday, the driver was going to pick it up in Michigan on Wednesday. Rick called to see when we needed to be there and they told him......"Oh, the driver called in sick on Wednesday. We'll try to get it on Friday and maybe have it for you on Saturday." Call me childish, but I get excited about these things!! I was ready to roll.....besides, if you were a manager and you knew something you promised to your customer wasn't going to happen, wouldn't you give them a quick call to let them know????
Oh well.......let it slide and be happy!! Or as Aubree would say, "Be patient". (Hope she learns better than MeMe)

Today is laundry day and reorganize my travel stuff. When I go for a weekend, I take certain things....week, take additional/different things. I try to keep toiletries organized in zip-lock bags and keep them in a drawer in my dresser and just take out the bags I need. While I was in my deep, dark hole over the winter, the bags are strewn in all sorts of places, in various travel bags, and is just a mess. Now I know I am a self professed clutter queen, but even clutter queens reach their last nerve, and mine is yelping today. So, since we plan to be gone several days I am taking the time to get this all sorted out.

I'm taking my camera and maybe we can share some spots on the way and see what all we can find. I know we will be in the Fingerlakes area of New York, which I love. We're also going to the Adirondacks a few days then back to Niagara Falls next weekend. I want to ride the Maid of the Mist again....this time with Rick. This is one of the most awesome things I have done. I really had a "God moment" there. Those of you who have enjoyed this know what I mean, but unfortunately for those who haven't done it, I just am too inept to adequately describe the majesty and power of that water!!!! Put it on your list of must-dos.


Being this close to the falls is simply indescribable.





So......dryer is buzzing.....time to hit the trail again.
Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

Molly said...

Well, since you have a little wait....can I go with you??? I am just as bad, I want to go when I was suppose to, not....sometime. After you are packed get a quilt book and sit down and dream. Have fun and take care.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I hope you enjoy NY. I love it there.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Have a wonderful time!. I have never been to Niagara Falls, I hear its beautiful and I can't wait to see your pictures. I use the large ziplock bags too to pack all our bathroom supplies in while traveling. I also use the plastic bags from target to wrap our shoes in. We will have the Grandkids this weekend, so I'm thinking of taking them to see the Disney movie "Up and Away". I think that the name.
Take care,
Elizabeth